We’ve been experiencing Himalayan-type cold here in Taos, New Mexico, that makes you want to just curl up in bed with the covers over your head until spring.
But then it’s hard to sleep when the itching all over your human anatomy caused by dryness in cold weather feels like microscopic crawly things chomping on you.
Cold, dry weather could cause itching, increase wrinkles and damage your skin. The very good news is, you can protect a low-cost home remedy to your skin we’ve been using for seven years that works wonders! It’s part of my program for growing more youthful and it’s amazing what it does for your skin – in any season!
Ellen Wood’s Castor Oil Home Remedy for Healthy, Young Skin
1. Go to your local health food or herb store and buy an 8 oz. bottle of castor oil and a tiny bottle each of Frankincense and Lavender acrylic – all excellent for your skin. Verify the castor oil bottle has a cap that is screw-on a spout that lifts up to pour.
2. Pour about 2 ounces of the castor oil into an extra bottle or jar to save for adding as needed.
3. Add 2 ounces of water to the 6 ounces of castor oil. Include 2 to 4 drops each of Frankincense and Lavender.
4. Shake, lift the spout and pour some into your hands and spread all over your face.
5. Close the spout and shake again. Then begin spreading it all over your body. Shake frequently between pours. Add more water if it gets too thick or more castor oil if it’s too watery.
6. You around, allowing you to touch and hold things, for keepin’ on even when you don’t give it enough attention or rest as you rub this yummy oil all over, say ‘thank you’ to each part of your body – for carrying.
7. Can’t reach your back? Go to the hardware store and get a paint sponge on a stick. Gently pour the oil mixture on the sponge and spread it on your own back. Then insert the sponge end into a plastic baggie for use the next day. Actually, I find it quicker to use the sponge to apply the oil everywhere except my face and feet, where I just use my hands.
Dry Itchy Skin? Relieve It With My Castor Oil Home Remedy Kids’ Faces Need Protection Too.
I remember being so excited about going outside to play in the snow when I was a little kid growing up in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
There we were, my brother and sister and I, dressed in layers of long johns, leggings, sweaters, scarves – two pair of socks inside boots we called goulashes – then a hat covering our head, forehead and ears; hooded jacket; mittens and another scarf wrapped around our neck and chin.
“Stand still,” my mother would tell her three little mummies, who were wondering if they’d be able to bend over to make a snowball, while she anointed the only visible part of each of us with Vaseline – slathering it over little cheeks, noses and lips.
Vaseline appeared to work then though – and I also slathered it on my kids too – but today we’ve re-discovered the healthy benefits of castor oil for the skin, so go ahead and anoint your kids, too, with my castor oil home remedy.
Related Post :